Rovers picked up their first win at CB Hounslow Utd's new ground on Saturday, when a Josh Uzun header early in the second half was enough to split the sides.

Despite a late reshuffle, due to four players arriving late due to traffic, Rovers started brightly. Neset Bellikli caused problems for CB on the left on four minutes, and having glided passed both Tommy O'Neill and Harvey Lal, he set up Uzun, who was just unable to get a shot away.

Rovers continued to hold the upper hand, and a quick throw in saw Marlon Pinder and Adam Allen combine to set up Uzun, but his snapshot was superbly saved by Rhys Forster in the Hounslow goal.

The hosts were playing a very patient brand of football, knocking the ball across the backline, before looking for the outlet of the rapid Kai Hamilton, and on 11 minutes, having pinched the pocket of Asa Rixon-Nicholls and Allen, the ball was transferred to Hamilton but his effort was wide of the left hand post.

Rovers survived a scare on 19 minutes, when Jason Nwachukwu went down in the area under pressure from Craig Hastings, but with the ground expecting a whistle play continued, and Rovers were able to clear their lines.

READ: Carshalton held at Droking in FA Trophy dress rehearsal

On 25 minutes, Uzun guided a ball through to Pinder, he beat Luke Bersey but saw his effort well saved by the legs of Forster and a minute later Bellikli saw his shot comfortably gathered by the keeper.

Uzun dragged a shot wide on 34 minutes, after neat work by Twum and Pinder. Ellaway almost got in a tangle from a deep ball into the Rovers area, but Allen was on hand to scramble the ball clear, and on 44 minutes a storming run by Twum was crudely ended by Dunnell King, and from the free kick Bellikli bought and excellent save out of Forster.

Rovers took the lead four minutes into the second half, Bellikli fed Pinder who raced goalwards, checked back and found Bellikli and his pinpoint cross was glanced beyond Forster by Uzun.

Shortly after, and good work by Uzun set up Bellikli but he dragged his effort wide of the left hand post, and shortly after the talented wideman made way for youngster Kyle Henry.

Rovers were allowing CB plenty of possession at the back, but snapping into the challenge whenever the hosts approached the final third, and as such Ellaway was relatively untroubled in the second half.

Just after the hour and Hastings became the second Rovers player into the booked, cynically clipping the flying Hamilton just inside the Rovers half, but allowing the team time to regroup, and with just over fifteen minutes remaining, Henry also found his way into the book when he was harshly adjudged to have kicked the ball away.

Malachi Robinson replaced skipper Craig Hastings on 78 minutes, as Rovers looked to withstand an expected CB charge. Baskerville then became the latest Rovers player into the book for a mistimed challenge on Luke Dunn on 84 minutes.

CB almost forced a way back into the game with a dangerous late delivery into the area, but after a scramble Rovers were able to clear their lines. Rixon-Nicholls went into the book in stoppage time for delaying a restart, and from the last play of the game a deep ball into the Rovers area was well claimed by Ellaway, and the points secured.

This weekend Rovers head off to Southern Combination side AFC Uckfield Town for an FA Vase 3rd Round tie. Kick off is 3pm at The Oaks.