Carshalton Athletic's fine run of form continued as they stretched an unbeaten run to seven games over the past few days.

The Robins made it four league wins on the spin last Saturday as goals from Tommy Bradford and Jerson dos Santos earned them a comfortable 2-0 victory at struggling Brightlingsea Regent.

Then, on Monday evening, Carshalton turned despair into joy as they managed to overcome conceding in stoppage time to finally advance in the Surrey Senior Cup via penalties.

And, as the club prepare to welcome Harlow Town in the FA Trophy this weekend, the Carshalton management have been pleased with the recent efforts by their players.

"Brightlingsea was a great result under the circumstances," said coach Keith Boanas whom alluded to traffic issues which meant Carshalton only arrived in Essex just 40 minutes before kick-off.

"We only had time for a basic warm-up, so we made a point of saying don't concede in the first-half and, to their credit, the back four and goalkeeper were superb all afternoon."

That stability, including debutant on-loan keeper Patrick Ohman whom made a big save at 0-0, allowed Bradford and dos Santos to score in each half and the former is now only four away from a century of goals in Robins red.

But it was Ohman that was the hero on Monday night as he saved a decisive spot-kick to help Carshalton into the second round of the Surrey Senior Cup.

The headlines should've gone to striker Omar Koroma who scored two stunning goals to put the Robins firmly in the driving seat against Leatherhead by half-time.

But the Tanners rallied after the break and top scorer Shaun Okojie, who came on as a half-time substitute, scored twice himself including an added time header that sent the game to spot-kicks.

Both sides scored and missed during the early exchanges until Carshalton player/manager Peter Adeniyi put his side 3-2 up, then Ohman saved from John Ufuah to ensure his new club went through.

"I wasn't too nervous about the game going to penalties, it is 50/50 for us goalkeepers and fortunately I saved one," said Ohman after the match.

"I'm just pleased to have helped the team get through to the next round. I've been made to feel really welcome here and I'll try my best to help Carshalton keep getting good results."

Carshalton Athletic's second qualifying round tie in the FA Trophy against Harlow Town is on Saturday 10th November (kick-off 3pm).