A 16-year-old boy who was stabbed in Twickenham has been arrested as part of a linked investigation into a man who was stabbed to death at a different location in the same evening.

Emergency services were called to Alexander Close at 11.56pm last night (Monday, January 8).

A boy, 16, was found with a stab wound to his leg.

His condition is not life threatening.

Shortly afterwards, police were alerted to a stabbing at Strawberry Hill BR Station.

A 21-year-old man was found injured and pronounced dead at the scene.

His family has been informed and are being treated by specialist officers.

Police are treating the incidents are being treated as linked.

The crime scene remains in place and will be lifted later this afternoon.

British Transport Police is investigating the murder with the support of the Metropolitan Police.

The Metropolitan Police has confirmed that four males have been arrested, one of whom is the 16-year-old boy stabbed at Alexander Close.

British Transport Police has confirmed that the other arrests are a 19-year-old man, 20-year-old man and a 15-year-old boy.

Following these stabbings, British Transport Police has increased its high visibility patrols in the area into the evening and are working with Metropolitan Police to provide reassurance to the community.

A spokesperson for British Transport Police said: “Following the death of a man at Strawberry Hill railway station yesterday, we are increasing our high visibility patrols in the area this afternoon into the evening and working with our colleagues at Metropolitan Police to provide a visible reassurance to the community.

“The scene guard remains in place and is expected to be lifted later this afternoon.

“A murder investigation was launched after a 21-year-old man from the Twickenham area sadly died after he was fatally stabbed at the station.

“His family have been informed and are being supported by specialist officers.

“Our thoughts remain with them at this tragic time. 

“This incident is believed to be linked to another incident in Alexandra Close in Twickenham at around 11.57pm.

“A 16-year-old received a non-life threatening laceration to his leg.

“He is among one of those arrested in connection. 

“Four remain in custody – a 19-year-old man, 20-year-old man, a 16-year-old boy and a 15-year-old boy.

“Anyone with information that may help us piece together the moments leading up to this to contact BTP via this link.

“Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

“Detectives at British Transport Police (BTP) have launched a murder investigation after a man sadly died at Strawberry Hill railway station last night. 

“Officers were called to the station at 11.53pm on 8 January following reports of an injured man.  

“Officers attended alongside colleagues from the Metropolitan Police and London Ambulance Service and a man was found with a serious injury, consistent with being stabbed.

“Despite their best efforts, a man in his 20s was sadly pronounced dead at the scene.  

“Four men have been arrested in connection and remain in police custody this morning.”

Detective Chief Inspector of British Transport Police Sam Blackburn said: “This is a senseless act of violence which has seen the tragic death of a young man.

“This investigation remains in the early stages and the station will remain closed while we continue our enquiries. 

“I urge anyone with information that may help us piece together the moments leading up to this to contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 630 of 08/01/24.

“Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111."

A London Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “We were called yesterday (8 January) at 11:51pm to reports of an incident at Strawberry Hill station, Twickenham.

“We sent a number of resources to the scene, including an incident response officer, an advanced paramedic, two ambulance crews, and members of our Hazardous Area Response Team (HART).

“Our first medic arrived in approximately five minutes.

“We treated a man, but sadly, despite the best efforts of our teams, he was pronounced dead at the scene.

“In connection to this, we were also called at 11:57pm to an incident on Alexander Close, Twickenham.

“We sent some additional resources including an ambulance crew and a medic in a fast-response car.

“Our medics treated a teenager at the scene before taking them to hospital.”