A woman with a history of mental health issues was found dead at her home with empty wine bottles around her, an inquest heard.

The body of Eman Hillawi, 57, was found at her Kew Road, Kew, home on December 6 last year and it is believed she was meant to fly to Canada that day.

West London Coroner’s Court heard on Wednesday, September 10, how she had previously been a victim of domestic violence, had battled alcohol dependency and had been sectioned under the Mental Health Act.

Hussain Hillawi told the court he was worried about his sister in the weeks leading up to her death.

He said: "She was alone and had mental health problems. She had no one. She was not answering the doorbell.

"About a week before she passed away, a neighbour let me in and she seemed a bit scared and paranoid and believed the landlord and neighbours were trying to kill her.

"Her stuff was all boxed up and she looked grey and older. The neighbours were complaining she was acting really strangely.

"I was scared for her so I called my brother who suggested we call the GP and mental health team. I felt she should be in hospital."

The week before her death, Ms Hillawi was visited by one of her three brothers, her GP and a worker from the mental health team.

In a statement read to the court, Dr Molin Navamani from North Road Surgery, Kew, said Ms Hillawi was drinking from a bottle of alcohol and had the window open but did not believe she was at immediate risk of harming herself.

A post-mortem examination found no signs of injury to Ms Hillawi’s body but toxicology tests found 9.1mg of anxiety medication propranolol per litre of blood.

The drug had been prescribed to Ms Hillawi for anxiety and last received a month’s worth of the medication on October 30.

Assistant coroner Jeremy Chipperfield told the court 1mg of propranolol per litre would be used for therapy, while levels of 4mg to 28mg per little of blood are associated with being fatal.

Summing up, Mr Chipperfield said: "She had a history of mental health problems and in the weeks before her death, appeared to be in a poor situation mentally and physically. She was being helped by her brothers and doctors.

"There is nothing in the evidence to cause me to think this is anything than an unintentional overdose."

Mr Chipperfield delivered a conclusion of accidental death.