ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) SUSSEX ROAD, CARSHALTONNotice ID: SUT1112242
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) SUSSEX ROAD, CARSHALTON
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate gas main replacement works and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 29 April 2019 with works expected to take 5 months to complete. However, the Order will remain in force for 10 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. Whilst the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order temporarily introduce waiting restrictions 'no waiting at any time' and loading restrictions 'no loading at any time' in the following roads:-
? Sussex Road; and
? Warnham Court Road.
Please note that the restrictions will be introduced in phases.
4. Any vehicle that is in contravention of the temporary waiting & loading restrictions at a time when these restrictions apply will be removed to an alternative location in accordance with the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986
5. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Dated: 4 April 2019.
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AND HIGHWAYS ACT 1980
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton propose to make the following Orders under sections 6,
45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended -
(a) The Sutton (Traffic Restriction) (No Entry) (No. *) Order 201*;
(b) The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. *) Order 201*; and
(c) The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. *) Order 201*.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be to:-
(a) prohibit vehicles, except pedal cycles, from entering that part of Wordsworth Road in an easterly direction from the common boundary of Nos. 12 and 14 Wordsworth Road;
(b) provide double yellow line 'at any time' waiting restrictions-
(i) across the entrance of Mulberry Mews extending either side to outside No 2 and Bonnington, Ross Road, Wallington; and
(ii) Sandy Lane South at its junction with Foresters Drive and Wordsworth Road.
(iii) extend double yellow line 'at any time' waiting restrictions outside No. 1 b Waterer Rise;
(c) amend the map-based tiles to the schedule attached to the Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) Order 2017 and to the Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) Order 2017 so as to more accurately represent the existing layout to match conditions as they exist
Note: there will be no change to the restrictions as currently marked and signed on-street as a result of this amendment.
3. NOTICE IS ALSO HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton proposes, under section 90A of the Highways Act 1980 to construct the type of road hump known as a flat top entry treatment in Ross Parade at its junction with Bridge Road and
Clarendon Road with a length of approximately 3.7 metres including ramps which would have a gradient if 1:20.
The flat top entry treatment would be an elevated section of carriageway with a flat top, 75 millimetres higher at its highest point than the surrounding carriageway.
4. Copies of the proposed Orders, flat top entry treatment of the Council's Statement of Reasons for proposing to make the Orders (and of the Orders that would be revoked or amended by the proposed Orders) and plans showing the locations and the effects of the proposals may be inspected at the Council's Environment, Housing and Regeneration Offices at 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton between 9 am and 5 pm on Monday to Friday.
5. If you would like to make comments on the proposals you can do so by filling in an on-line consultation response form which can be found on our web pages www.sutton.gov.uk/trafficpublicnotices under "view our Permanent Traffic Order Consultations" selecting "Notices of Proposals" and then "SuttMap 1067".
Alternatively please send them to The Technical Operations Team, Highways and Transport, Kingston & Sutton Shared Environment Service, London Borough of Sutton, 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 2JG by 2 May 2018 please quote the following reference SuttMap 1067.
6. FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of London Borough of Sutton, as part of this proposal, and by the powers conferred under section 15 of the Greater London Council (General Powers) Act 1974 is resolving removal of certain footway parking exemption outside 105- 107 Wigmore Road.
Dated: 11 April 2019
Note: Persons responding to the proposed Orders should be aware that the Council may be legally obliged to disclose the information provided to third parties.
1 1984 c.27
2 1980 C.66
Matthew Hill, Assistant Director - Highways, Transport and Regulatory Services