ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS WHEATFIELD WAY, EDEN STREET, ASHDOWN ROAD, LADY BOOTH ROAD, WESTON PARK, FAIRFIELD ROAD, FAIRFIELD WEST, FAIRFIELD SOUTH, KNIGHT'S PARKNotice ID: MF0285148
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS WHEATFIELD WAY, EDEN STREET, ASHDOWN ROAD, LADY BOOTH ROAD, WESTON PARK, FAIRFIELD ROAD, FAIRFIELD WEST, FAIRFIELD SOUTH, KNIGHT'S PARK
AND ORCHARD ROAD, KINGSTON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for the above named roads, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT,tofacilitate the installation of cycle lanes under the Go Cycle Scheme, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will be to:
a) Allow vehicles to make aright turn from Ashdown Road onto Eden Street.
b) Allow vehicles to make aright turn from Lady Booth Road onto Eden Street.
c) Allow all vehicles to use the bus only lane in Eden Street between Brook Street and Clarence Street.
d) Prohibit any vehicle from exiting Lady Booth Road into Wheatfield Way.
e) Allow two way traffic in Weston Park at the junction with Clarence Street.
f) Prohibit vehicles to make aright turn from Wheatfield Way onto Ashdown Road
g) Prohibit vehicles to make aleftturn from Wheatfield Way onto Fairfield Road
h) Prohibit vehicles to make aleftturn from Knight's Park onto Orchard Road
i) Prohibit vehicles to enter Orchard Road from Fairfield South
j) Prohibit vehicles to make aleftturn from Wheatfield Way into Orchard Road
k) Suspend cycle lane in Fairfield West
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above: -
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of aconstable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 30 July 2018 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will be completed within eight months.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. Signed diversions will be in place. Mervyn Bartlett, Traffic Manager,
Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU. 13 July 2018