ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKSNotice ID: MF0275407
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS
KINGS PASSAGE (FOOTPATH), KINGSTON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Kings Passage (footpath),Kingston, in the said borough, in exercise ofthe powersconferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT,tofacilitate installation of anew service by Thames Water, it has made an Order of the effect of whichwill be to:
a) Prohibitany pedestrianfrom entering, proceeding or remaining at rest in Kings Passage(footpath)between Riverside Walk and Market Place.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above:-
a) shall only apply at suchtimes and to such extentasshall be indicated by traffic signsprescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and GeneralDirections2002.
b) shallnot applytoanythingdone withthe permission, or at the direction,ofaconstable in uniformortoany vehicles or pedestrians in connection withthe said works.
c) shallnot applytoemergency service vehicles.
3. The Order willcomeintooperation on the 25 May2018 and will remain in force for eighteenmonths or untilthe worksare completed. It is anticipatedthat the works will be completedin10days.
4. Access to premisesonoradjacent to the affected road shallbe maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference withexecution of the said works.
5. Therewill be asigned diversion routeinplacevia ThamesStreet, Bishops Hall and Riverside Walk.
TrafficManager,Guildhall2,Kingstonupon Thames, KT1 1EU.