ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS THE AVENUE, WORCESTER PARKNotice ID: MF0262514
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS THE AVENUE, WORCESTER PARK
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for The Avenue, Worcester Park in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT,tofacilitate the installation of cable ducts in the carriageway on behalf of BT Openreach, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will be to:
(a) prohibit any vehicle or person from entering or remaining at rest in The Avenue between Park Terrace and Worcester Park Baptist Church.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above:
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of aconstable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 07 April 2018 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will be completed within two days.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. Signed diversions will be in place via Malden Road, The Manor Drive, Highdown, Royal Avenue, Cleveland Road and The Avenue and reverse.
Dated 2March 2018.
Mervyn Bartlett, Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU.