ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS LAWRENCE AVENUE FOOTPATH, NEW MALDENNotice ID: MF0250034
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS LAWRENCE AVENUE FOOTPATH, NEW MALDEN
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Lawrence Avenue Footpath, New Malden in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended)
HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT,to facilitate the installation of a
cabinet in the footpath on behalf of BT, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will be to:
(a) prohibit any vehicle or person from entering or remaining at rest in Lawrence Avenue Footpath between the junctions with 151 Lawrence Avenue and 55 Sheephouse Way.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above: -
(a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
(b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of aconstable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
(c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 12 February 2018 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will be completed within one week.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. Signed diversions will be in place via Sheephouse Way, South Lane, Lawrence Avenue and reverse.
Dated 8th December 2017.
Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU.