ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS EDEN STREET, KINGSTONNotice ID: MF0245897
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS EDEN STREET, KINGSTON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Eden Street, Kingston, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT,tofacilitate the installation of new drainage connections to the Primark development, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will be to :
a) Prohibit any vehicle from entering, proceeding or remaining at rest in Eden Street between Service Road from Eden Street to Neville House (Neville House Yard) and Lady Booth Road in travelling aSoutherly direction, allowing only Northbound traffic.
b) Vehicles requiring access to Lady Booth Road will be allowed to make aright turn from Ashdown Road onto Eden Street and to use the bus only lane in Eden Street between Ashdown Road and Lady Booth Road
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above: -
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of aconstable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 17 November 2017 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will be completed within three weeks.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. Access for deliveries into Eden Street will be maintained from Wheatfiled Way.
Mervyn Bartlett, Traffic Manager,
Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames KT1 1EU.