MINOR PARKING AMENDMENTS -VARIOUS LOCATIONS (TMO-P248)Notice ID: MF0242580
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
MINOR PARKING AMENDMENTS -VARIOUS LOCATIONS (TMO-P248)
The Kingston upon Thames (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 1) Order 2017 and The Kingston upon Thames (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 1) Order 2017.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames made the above-mentioned Orders on 9th October 2017 under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9tothe Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders, which will come into force on 16th October 2017, will be;
(a) in Cadogan Road, Surbiton, to lengthen an existing 'shared use' parking place (at the side of Embassy Court);
(b) in Ewell Road, Surbiton (at various locations between Nos. 114 to 156a and Nos. 111 to 155 Ewell Road), to formally introduce parking places and double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions;
(c)in Gloucester Road, Kingston, to alter parking restrictions due to installation or widening of vehicle crossings (outside No. 47; Nos. 52 and 56; and Nos. 93 to 97);
(d) in Green Lane, Chessington, to introduce additional "at any time" double yellow line waiting restrictions (on the east side, between Burney Court and 'Roma');
(e) at the junction between Greenfield Avenue, Northcote Avenue and Raeburn Avenue, Surbiton, to introduce "at any time" double yellow line waiting restrictions;
(f) in Guilford Avenue, Surbiton, to convert an existing disabled persons' parking place to a'permit holders only' parking place
(outside Nos. 43-45);
(g) in Mill Street, Kingston, to convert asingle yellow line waiting restriction to an "at any time" double yellow line waiting restriction (on the east side);
(h) in Penrhyn Road, Kingston;
(i) to introduce aparking place for the loading &unloading of goods vehicles only, applying Monday to Saturday 10 a.m. to 4p.m. and 7p.m. to midnight and on Sunday 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., maximum stay 30 minutes (outside Nos. 75-77);
(ii) to shorten and re-locate an existing 'pay &display' parking place (outside No. 79); and
(iii) to convert part of a'resident permit holders only' parking place to 'pay &display' operation (outside No. 73);
(i) in Skerne Road, Kingston, to introduce aparking place for the loading &unloading of goods vehicles only (outside No. 1).
Please note:- in Penrhyn Road, Kingston; (see (h)(i) above) the proposed times of operation of a'goods vehicles loading only' parking place have been changed (formerly applying between 7a.m. and 10:30 p.m. throughout the week); and (see (h)(ii) above) a'pay & display' parking place (outside No. 79) is shorter than proposed, now accommodating 1parking space rather than 2.
3. The Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars including plans showing the location and effect are available for inspection until 20th November 2017 at:
? The Information and Advice Centre, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
4. For further information, telephone 'Environment' on 020 8547 5002.
5. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or any relevant regulations made thereunder have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may make application for the purposes to the High Court by 20th November 2017.
Dated 13th October 2017.
Team Leader - Parking and Sustainable Transport (Environment)