ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991Notice ID: MF0241239
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS ALBERT ROAD, KINGSTON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Albert Road, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT,tofacilitate the installation of apparatus on behalf of British Telecom (BT), it has made an Order of the effect of which will be to:
a) To prohibit any vehicle from entering, proceeding or remaining at rest in Albert Road, between the junction of Hawks Road and Victoria Road
b) To allow two way traffic in Victoria Road, between Albert Road and Cambridge Road
c) To suspend parking in Victoria Road as required, both shared use and resident only bays, to facilitate safe passing for two way traffic flows.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above: -
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of aconstable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 20 October 2017 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will be completed within on week.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. Access into Albert Road will be via asigned diversion comprising Hawks Road, Cambridge Road and Victoria Road.
MERVYN BARTLETT Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames KT1 1EU.