ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) WEST BARNES LANE, KT3 (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC) (NO. 3)Notice ID: SUT0324533
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) WEST BARNES LANE, KT3 (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC) (NO. 3) ORDER 2017
1. The London Borough of Merton Council hereby give notice that to facilitate rail Inspections and associated works at the northernmost level crossing on West Barnes Lane, they have made an Order, the effect of which will be to temporarily restrict vehicular traffic in the said road.
2. Whilst the works take place no person will cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed, wait, load or unload in West Barnes Lane between the eastern kerb-line of Burlington Road and the western kerb-line of Linkway.
3. The restrictions will only apply during such times and to such extent as will from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
4. Any vehicle in contravention of any waiting restrictions imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
5. The alternative routes for vehicles affected by the closure will be via West Barnes Lane, Claremont Avenue, Burlington Road and West Barnes Lane and vice versa.
6. Nothing in the Order will apply: -
(a) to any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works;
(b) to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a police community support officer in uniform; or
(c) to any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes; or
(d) so as to prevent vehicular access to premises in or adjacent to the road specified in paragraph 2 above insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the works.
7. The Order will come into operation at 23.59pm on Tuesday 17th October 2017 and remain in force until 5.00am on 20th October 2017. It is expected that the works will take place over 3 nights between 23.59pm and 5.00am the following day from 17th October 2017 to 20th October 2017 or until the works are completed, whichever is the earlier.
Dated 9 October, 2017. PAUL MCGARRY Merton Civic Centre Merton London Road London Borough Morden, Surrey Telephone: 020 8274 4901 SM4 5DX