MINOR PARKING AMENDMENTS - VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0003)Notice ID: MF0233812
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
MINOR PARKING AMENDMENTS - VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0003)
THE KINGSTON UPON THAMES (FREE PARKING PLACES, LOADING PLACES AND WAITING, LOADING AND STOPPING RESTRICTIONS) ORDER 201* AND THE KINGSTON UPON THAMES (CHARGED-FOR PARKING PLACES) ORDER 201*.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames propose to make the above-mentioned Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9tothe Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be;
(a) to introduce disabled persons' parking places at the following locations:-
-Elm Road, New Malden - outside No. 7
-Montem Road, New Malden -onthe east side, at its junction with Kingston Road. An adjacent length of existing double yellow line "at any time" waiting restriction would be shortened by approximately 3metres.
(Vehicles displaying avalid disabled persons' badge may wait in the above parking places without charge or time limit).
(b) to remove existing disabled persons' parking places in; Cranes Park Crescent, Surbiton (outside No. 3-tobereplaced by a 'permit holders only' parking place); Gooding Close, New Malden (outside No. 43); and Verona Drive, Surbiton (adjacent to No. 73);
(c) in Adelaide Road, Surbiton, to remove an existing 'permit holders only' parking place (outside No. 17) in order to allow access to an off-street parking area;
(d) in Alfred Road, Kingston, to shorten an existing 'permit holders only' parking place (opposite No. 75) in order to allow access to an off-street parking area;
(e) in Kingston Hill, Kingston, at a'shared use' parking place (outside Nos. 16-24), to alter the 'maximum stay' time to
4hours (currently 2hours) and the 'no return' time to 2hours (currently 1hour);
(f) in Willoughby Road, Kingston (outside Nos. 92-92), to convert the use of an existing parking place (currently free, time- limited) to 'shared use' (for Permit holders Bor'pay & display', Mon-Sat 8.30am-6.30pm, max stay 4hours, no return Bor'pay & within 2hours);
(g) to introduce lengths of double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions at the junctions between; Chatsworth Gardens and Cromwell Avenue, New Malden; and Pine Gardens and Raeburn Avenue, Surbiton;
(h) at the junction between Ewell Road and Raeburn Avenue, Surbiton, to convert existing single yellow line waiting restrictions to double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions (between No. 421 Ewell Road and opposite No. 1a Raeburn Avenue);
(i) in Ewell Road, Surbiton, to alter and lengthen existing double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions due to re-shaped kerb-lines (adjacent to Nos. 432-436 Ewell Road); and
(j) to modify the traffic order definitions of certain other parking places and waiting restrictions so they better reflect what is currently on the ground (there would be no change to the way restrictions and parking places currently operate).
3. A copy of each of the proposed Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the proposed Orders can be inspected at The Information and Advice Centre, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
4. Persons desiring to object to any of the proposals or make any other representations in respect of them, should send astatement in writing to that effect and, in the case of an objection, stating the grounds thereof to the Council in this matter to either The Director of Place, Traffic Order Section, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 1EU or email TMO@kingston.gov.uk, quoting reference KingMap0003 by 15th September 2017.
5. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may be made available to the press and to the public who would be entitled to
take copies of it if they so wished. Dated 25th August 2017.
Team Leader -Parking and Sustainable Transport (Environment)