INITIAL DEMOLITION NOTICENotice ID: SUT0252716
INITIAL DEMOLITION NOTICE
Made under Section 138A and Schedule 5A of the Housing Act 1985 as amended by the Housing Act 2004 and the Housing and Regeneration Act 2008.
THE ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES (the Council) hereby gives notice of its intention to demolish the building(s) listed in paragraph 1 below for the purposes set out in paragraph 3 below.
1. Building(s) affected by this notice: All those properties listed in the Schedule (the "relevant premises")
2. Intention to demolish It is the intention of the Council to demolish the relevant premises.
3. Purpose of demolition The demolition of the relevant premises is required to secure the comprehensive redevelopment of the Cambridge Road Estate. The regeneration of the Cambridge Road Estate is a key priority for the Council and will improve the quality of the housing stock in the Council's area.
4. Proposed demolition period The Council intends to demolish the relevant premises before the end of 20 July 2024.
5. Date of expiry of the Initial Demolition Notice This Notice will remain in force up to and including 20 July 2024 unless revoked or otherwise terminated under or by virtue of paragraph 3 of Schedule 5A of the Housing Act 1985.
Whilst this Notice is in force the Council will not be under an obligation to sell the freehold of any house or grant a lease as mentioned in section 138(1) of the Housing Act 1985 ("Right to Buy") in respect of any claim by a tenant to exercise the Right to Buy.
However, Right to Buy claims submitted to the Council for any of the relevant premises whilst this Notice is still in force will be processed by the Council as normal, so that if the demolition plans are not implemented the application can be completed.
8. Right to compensation There may be a right to compensation under section 138C of the Housing Act 1985 in respect of certain expenditure incurred in relation to any existing Right to Buy claim that has been established prior to the date of the service of this Notice. Any claim for compensation under paragraph 6 of this Notice should be served upon the Council within the period of three months beginning from the date of this notice being served. A compensation claim can be made for any reasonable expenditure incurred by the tenant to date in respect of legal and other fees, and other professional costs and expenses, payable in connection with the exercise of that Right to Buy claim. If the Council serves a Final Demolition Notice and a Right to Buy application is suspended due to the service of this Notice, that Right to Buy application will lapse and no further application can then be made whilst the Final Demolition Notice is in effect.
7. Further information Should you require any further information about this Notice please contact: 020 8547 5244 and there is information on the regeneration on our website www.kingston.gov.uk/creregen
lona McConnell Group Manager Housing Landlord Services Dated: 24 July 2017
All at Cambridge Road Estate, Kingston upon Thames, KT1:
Brinkley, Burritt Road Madingley, St Peter's Road
Burwell, Excelsior Close Oakington, Eureka Road
Caldecote, Excelsior Close Shelford, Burritt Road
Childerley, Burritt Road Tadlow, Washington Road
Chippenham, Excelsior Close Westwick, Chesterton Terrace
Comberton, Eureka Road Connington, Somerset Road Croxton, Burritt Road Duxford, Burritt Road Fordham, Excelsior Close
Ely Court, Willingham Way 1 - 49 (odds) Willingham Way 2-50 (evens) Cambridge Grove Road 47 - 53 (odds) Cambridge Grove Road 1 - 9 Burritt Road
2-50 Foxton, Stapleford Close Fulbourn, Eureka Road 113 Chesterton Terrace
Grantchester, St Peters Road 1-13 Franklin Close
Graveley, Willingham Way 1 - 9 Stapleford Close
Harston, Burritt Road 1 - 9 (odds) Vincent Road
Impington, Willingham Way 1-13 (odds) Washington Road