ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMESNotice ID: MF0220249
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991
TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS ELM ROAD FOOTPATH (BY ELM ROAD RAILWAY BRIDGE - KINGSTON ROAD RAILWAY BRIDGE), NEW MALDEN
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Elm Road Footpath (By Elm Road railway bridge-Kingston Road railway bridge), New Malden, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT, in order for Thames Water to install new apparatus, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will be to:
(a) Prohibit pedestrian traffic from continuing along Elm Road Footpath (By Elm Road railway bridge - Kingston Road railway bridge).
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1 above:-
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission of or at the direction of a constable in uniform or to anybody in connection with the works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles or personnel.
3. TheOrderwill come into operation on the 16th June 2017 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will last for 21 days.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected footpath shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. An alternative route exists via Kingston Road and Elm Road Mervyn Bartlett, Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU
09 June 2017.