ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS KINGS AVENUE, NEW MALDENNotice ID: MF0213136
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS KINGS AVENUE, NEW MALDEN
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Kings Avenue, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT, to facilitate the installation of a new water service on behalf of Thames Water, it has made an Order of the effect of which will be to:
(a) To prohibit any vehicle from entering or remaining at rest
in Kings Avenue, between the junction with High Street New Malden and No. 5 Kings Avenue.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1 above: -
(a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be
indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
(b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of a constable in uniform or to any vehicles
or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
(c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 26 May 2017 and will
remain in force for eighteen months or until the works, which are to be undertaken over consecutive weekends, are completed.
It is anticipated that the works will be completed within one month.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without
interference with execution of the said works.
5. Signed diversions will be in place via High Street - Dukes Avenue - Howard Road and High Street - Blagdon Road - Howard Road.
Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU.
Dated: 12th May 2017.