ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES WHEATFIELD WAY, KINGSTON - 'GO CYCLE' SCHEME - BUS PRIORITY, BANNED TURN AND MINOR PARKING AMENDMENTS (TMO-P249)Notice ID: MF0213991
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
WHEATFIELD WAY, KINGSTON - 'GO CYCLE' SCHEME - BUS PRIORITY, BANNED TURN AND MINOR PARKING AMENDMENTS (TMO-P249)
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames propose to make the following Orders under sections 6 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended: -
- The Kingston upon Thames (Bus Priority) (Amendment No. *) Traffic Order 20**;
- The Kingston upon Thames (Free Parking Places) (Goods Vehicles) (Amendment No. *) (Special Parking Area) Traffic Order 20**;
- The Kingston upon Thames (Prescribed Routes) (Amendment No. *) Traffic Order 20**;
- The Kingston upon Thames (Prohibition of Stopping on Taxi Ranks) (Amendment No. *) Traffic Order 20**;
- The Kingston upon Thames (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No. *) Traffic Order 20**.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be;
(a) due to a re-designed junction and amended crossing;
(i) to introduce a banned left turn in Brook Street (southbound
lane) at its junction with Wheatfield Way; and
(ii) to remove an existing 'buses only' area in Wheatfield Way (in the central reservation south of its junction with Brook Street);
(b) to make minor alterations to the positioning of a taxi rank and a 'goods vehicles loading only' bay in Clarence Street (outside Nos. 62-76). Lengths of adjacent loading restriction would be altered accordingly.
3. The proposed Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the proposals, including plans showing the location and effect, are available for inspection until 6 weeks have elapsed from the date on which either the Orders are made or the Council decides not to make the Orders at:
- The Information and Advice Centre, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive; and
- Kingston Library, Fairfield Road, Kingston, during normal opening hours.
- Detailed particulars of this proposal are also available at all other Council libraries and online at www.kingston.gov.uk; search for 'TMO-P249'.
4. For further information, telephone 'Environment' on 020 8547 5002.
5. Any objections or other representations about the proposed Orders should be sent in writing (please quote TMO-P249) by 26th May 2017 to either;
Director of Place, Traffic Order Section, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 1EU or to TMO@kingston.gov.uk.
All objections must specify the grounds on which they are made.
Dated 5th May 2017.
Service Manager, Parking Services (Environment)