ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS DOLPHIN STREET, KINGSTONNotice ID: MF0206419
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS
DOLPHIN STREET, KINGSTON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Dolphin Street, Kingston in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT, to facilitate a crane operation by King Lifting Ltd, it has made an Order of the effect of which will be to:
a) prohibit vehicular traffic from entering, proceeding or remaining at rest in Dolphin Street except from the junction with Wood Street to the entrance to the Ceres Court private car park
b) prohibit cyclists from using the cycle lane
c) allow the vehicular traffic on diversion to proceed along the restricted section (buses and taxis only) of Clarence Street from the junction with Thames Street towards the junction with
d) allow the vehicular traffic on diversion to continue along the pedestrianised section of Clarence Street
e) allow the vehicular traffic on diversion to turn left into the pedestrianised section of Fife Road.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1 above: -
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of a constable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 23 April 2017 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will take place between 06:00pm Sunday to 05:00am Monday.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. There will be a signed diversion route via Wood Street, Horsefair, Clarence Street and Fife Road.
Dated 7 April 2017.
Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU.