ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 THE A316 GLA SIDE ROAD (KEW ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF RICHMOND UPON THAMES) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021Notice ID: SUT2222751
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A316 GLA SIDE ROAD (KEW ROAD, LONDON BOROUGH OF RICHMOND UPON THAMES) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable Thames Water Channel repair works to take place on the A316 GLA Side Road Kew Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding in a northbound direction on Kew Road between its junction with Twickenham Road and No. 113 Kew Road.
The Order will be effective between 8:00 PM and 6:00 AM from 17th November 2021 until 19th November 2021 or when the works have been completed. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1 )any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes; (2)anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibition is in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via: (Lower Mortlake Road, Lower Richmond Road, Mortlake Road and Kew Road and then onto normal route of travel): (for vehicles over 4.5 metres tall via Lower Mortlake Road and Lower Richmond Road and Clifford Avenue, Great Chertsey Road, Great West Road, Chiswick High Road, Kew Road and then onto normal route of travel).
Dated this 12th day of November 2021
Co-ordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ