ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: MFN0627602
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thame hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate resurfacing works either side of the level crossing and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday 4 October 2021, and will remain in force for 18 months to be re-introduced should further works be required. It is expected works will take place over night between 11pm and 5am on the following dates:-
- 4 - 8 October 2021 -15 -17 January 2022
- 3 - 5 November 2021 - 22 - 24 January 2022
- 7 - 8 November 2021 - 29 January - 4 February 2022
- 22-26 November 2021 - 28 March - 1 April 2022
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting Elm Road, between its junctions with Kingston Road and Melrose Gardens.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the closure is in place will be via Kingston Road, High Street, New Maiden, Langley Grove, Clarence Avenue and vice versa.
5. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Group Manager - Highways & Transport.
Dated: 30 September 2021