WIMBLEDON STADIUM EVENT DAY PARKING ZONE VARIOUS ROADS IN THE BOROUGHNotice ID: SUT2203835
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
WIMBLEDON STADIUM EVENT DAY PARKING ZONE VARIOUS ROADS IN THE BOROUGH
- The Wandsworth (Controlled Parking Zones) (Wimbledon Stadium Event Days) Experimental Order 2021
- The Wandsworth (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Special Parking Areas) (Wimbledon Stadium Event Days) Experimental Order 2021
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth on 22 September 2021 made the above-mentioned Orders under sections 9 and 10 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and the Traffic Management Act 2004.
2. The general effect of Orders will be: -
(a) To introduce Event / Match Day Only restrictions in CPZs G1, L2 and E1 (part) extending the CPZ controls to 9.30am - 9.30pm, Monday-Sunday (now including bank holidays) within the original proposed area but will operate on Event Days only.
(b) In CPZs G1, L2 All-day and E1 (part) the bays will continue to be designated 'shared use' on Event Days which will allow both permit holders and short- stay visitors to park
(c) In the above All-Day CPZs, the maximum stay for visitors using the pay and display / pay by phone facilities will be reduced to one-hour.
(d) In the L2 One-hour sub-zone the bays will remain designated as 'Permit holders only' but operate 9.30am - 9.30pm on Event Days and will allow only L2 resident/business or resident visitor permit holders to park as there are no facilities in One-hour Zone roads to allow visitors to pay at a machine or by phone.
(e) make consequential changes to single yellow lines in the affected zones so that they operate on event days only between 9.30am and 9.30pm on Mondays to Sundays.
3. Copies of the Orders, which will come into operation on 2 October 2021, and of documents and plans giving more detailed particulars of the Order, can be inspected during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive until the end of a period of six months from the date on which the Order were made in The Customer Centre, The Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU.
4. Whilst the Orders remain in force, the Assistant Director - Traffic and Engineering, or some person authorised by him, may modify or suspend the Orders or any provision contained in it if it appears to him or that other person essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement of traffic or of the provision of suitable and adequate parking facilities on the highway or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which any road affected by the Orders runs.
5. The Council will consider in due course whether the provisions of the Order should be reproduced and continued in force indefinitely by means of Orders under sections 6 and 124 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. Any person wishing to object to the making of such Orders for the purpose of such reproduction and continuation may, within the above mentioned period of six months, send a statement in writing of their objection and the grounds on which it is made to the Director of Environment and Community Services at the address below (quoting the reference ES/TM01864).
6. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements of that Act or of any relevant regulations made under that Act have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may, within six weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated 23 September 2021
MARK MAIDMENT Chief Executive Town Hall Wandsworth SW18 2PU