LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) ROADS SURROUNDING OAKS PARK HIGH SCHOOLNotice ID: SUT2200735
London Borough of Sutton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) ROADS SURROUNDING OAKS PARK HIGH SCHOOL
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to eliminate conflicting traffic and to regulate the flow of a large number of expected vehicles for the "Open Evening" at Oaks Park High School it made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Tuesday 21 September 2021 for one day.
3. When the Open Evening is taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily between the hours of 4.30pm and 9.00pm introduce:-
(a) one-way working in the following roads:
- Diamond Jubilee Way between its junctions with Gaynesford Road, Kings Avenue and Damson Way (roundabout location) in a north to south direction and in that part of Diamond Jubilee Way which leads into Fountain Drive in a west to east direction;
- Fountain Drive between its junction with Diamond Jubilee Way and Damson Way (to the roundabout location) in a west to east direction;
- Damson Way from its junction with Fountain Drive (roundabout location) to its junction with Metcalfe Avenue in an east to west and south-westerly direction.
- Metcalfe Avenue in a south-westerly direction (this will have the effect of banning any left or right turns as appropriate;
Note The emergency access gate between Damson Way and Metcalfe Avenue will be opened to facilitate the flow of traffic.
(b) ban the left turn from Forelle Way into Diamond Jubilee Way,
(c) ban the right turn from that part of Fountain Drive (property No's. 1 and 7) into the main thoroughfare of Fountain Drive.
(d) ban the right turn from Monkey Puzzle Way into Damson Way,
(e) ban the right turn from that part of Metcalfe Avenue (property No's. 44 and 64) into the main thoroughfare of Metcalfe Avenue.
(f) close that part of Damson Way which lies between the roundabout location with Diamond Jubilee Way and a point opposite the eastern flank wall of No. 6 Damson Way (except for access for residents).
4. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Dated: 16 September 2021
Group Manager - Highways & Transport