DISABLED PERSONS' PARKING PLACES AND MINOR PARKING AMENDMENTS - VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REE KTNGMAP0034)Notice ID: MFN0618128
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
DISABLED PERSONS' PARKING PLACES AND MINOR PARKING AMENDMENTS - VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REE KTNGMAP0034)
The Kingston upon Thames (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 46) Order 2021; and The Kingston upon Thames (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 46) Order 2021.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the Royal Borough ofKingston upon Thames on 19th July 2021 made the above-mentioned Orders under sections 6,45,46,49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders, which will come into force on 26th July 2021, will be;
(a) to introduce disabled persons' parking places at the following locations;
- Berrylands, Surbiton - opposite No. 17;
- Clayton Road, Chessington-outside No. 41 (fully on the footway);
- Douglas Road, Surbiton - outside No. 167;
- Hereford Way, Chessington - outside Charles Lesser House;
- Kingston Road, Kingston - outside No. 413 (fully on the footway);
- Maple Road, Surbiton - outside Nos. 1-8, Brine Court (in place of an existing 'shared use' parking space);
- Meldone Close, Surbiton - opposite Nos. 1-2;
- Spinney Close, New Maiden - outside No. 5; and
- Staunton Road, Kingston - outside No. 11 (in place of an existing 'permit holders only' parking space)
(Vehicles displaying a valid disabled persons' badge may wait in the above parking places without charge or time limit).
(b) to remove existing disabled persons' parking places in; California Road, New Maiden (outside No. 14); and Vale Crescent, SW15 (outside No. 17);
(c) in Oak Hill Road, Surbiton (opposite Leighton House); to shorten an existing 'shared use' parking place; introduce a double yellow line "at any time" waiting restriction (in front of a new vehicle crossover); introduce an additional 'shared use' parking place (in place of an existing waiting restriction); and remove an existing "at any time" loading restriction; and
(d) to modify the traffic order definitions of certain other parking places and waiting restrictions so they better reflect what is currently on the ground (there would be no change to the way restrictions and parking places currently operate).
Please note:- the proposed introduction of double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions in and around Hunting Gate Drive, Chessington has been abandoned; and the proposed removal of a parking place outside No. 89 Gloucester Road, Kingston has been abandoned.
3. Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, the made Orders and plans cannot currently be inspected at Guildhall 2 until the building is open again for normal business. However, the following alternative arrangements have been made;
(a) the made Orders and plans can be inspected online at
(b) the made Orders and plans can be inspected at Council libraries which have re-opened on a temporarily limited basis; and
(c) copies of the made Orders and plans can also be obtained by calling 020 8547 5000 (between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays) or by emailing
(please quote ref. KingMap0034).
The made documents will be available until 30th August 2021.
4. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or any relevant regulations made thereunder have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may make application for the purpose to the High Court by 3 Oth August 2021.
Dated 22nd July 2021.
Group Manager - Highways and Transport