ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMESNotice ID: MFN0616342
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
MINOR PARKING AMENDMENTS - VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0038)
The Kingston upon Thames (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 44) Order2021; TheKingston upon Thames (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 44) Order 2021
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames on 5th July 2021 made the above-mentioned Orders under sections 6,45,46,49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders, which will come into force on 12th Jury 2021, will be:
(a) to introduce double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions;
(i) at the north-eastern junction between Courts Avenue and Sanger Avenue, Chessington;
(ii) in South Lane, New Maiden;
(1) outside and opposite Nos. 256 to 262;
(2) opposite Nos.319to327;
(3) on the north-east side, opposite Nos. 339 to 347;
(4) on the south-west side, outside Nos. 347 to 351;
(b) in Oakcroft Road, Chessington (outside Merlin House), to alter the times of an existing single yellow line waiting restriction, to apply between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m.;
(c) in Oakcroft Road (throughout the length of an existing double yellow line waiting restriction directly south-west of its junction with Oakcroft Villas) and in Oakcroft Villas (on the south side, at its junction with Oakcroft Road), Chessington, to alter the times of an existing loading restriction, to apply between 9 a.m. and midnight;
(d) in Red Lion Road, Surbiton, to adjust lengths of existing double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions due to the re-location of a zebra crossing (from outside Tolworth Hospital to northwards from its junction with Tankerton Road);
(e) in Brighton Road, Surbiton (outside No. 92), to convert a length of single yellow line waiting restriction to a double yellow line "at any time" waiting restriction;
(f) to add the following addresses to those who may apply for a parking permit for use within the 'Browns Road' Permit Parking Area (DG);
Hobill Walk (Nos. 68 to 86)
Ewell Road (on the west side, Nos. 91 to 185)
King Charles Road (on the west side, from "Headley" to No. 140)
Lysander Gardens (Cyrus House)
Richmond Grove (Nos. 35 to 43)
(g) to modify the traffic order definitions of certain other parking places and waiting restrictions so they better reflect what is currently on the ground (there would be no change to the way restrictions and parking places currently operate).
Please note; (a) in South Lane, New Maiden, the proposed introduction of a double yellow line "at any time" waiting restriction (outside Nos. 319 to 327) has been abandoned; (d) in Red Lion Road, Surbiton, the proposed introduction of a single yellow line waiting restriction (on the north-west side, opposite Nos. 160-164a) has been abandoned; (e) in Brighton Road, Surbiton, the proposed length of double yellow line "at any time" waiting restriction (outside No. 92) has been shortened; the removal of a disabled persons' parking place in West Road, Chessington has been deferred; the implementation of proposed restrictions in Aragon Road, Kingston, Gloucester Road, Kingston and The Keep, Kingston has been deferred; and for the implementation of restrictions in Bridge Road and Moor Lane, Chessington, see notice dated 29th April 2021, ref. KingMap0050.
3. Due to the current Coronavirus pandemic, the made Orders and plans cannot currently be inspected at Guildhall 2 until the building is open again for normal business. However, the following alternative arrangements have been made;
(a) the made Orders and plans can be inspected online at
(b) the made Orders and plans can be inspected at Council libraries which have re-opened on a temporarily limited basis; and
(c) copies of the made Orders and plans can also be obtained by calling 020 8547 5000 (between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays) or by emailing
(please quote ref. KingMap0038).
The made documents will be available until 16th August 2021.
4. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or any relevant regulations made thereunder have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may make application for the purpose to the High Court by 16th August 2021.
Dated 8th July 2021.
Group Manager - Highways and Transport