CHIPPENHAM TOWN COUNCIL NOTICE OF APPOINTMENT OF DATE FOR THE EXERCISE OF ELECTORS' RIGHTSNotice ID:
CHIPPENHAM TOWN COUNCIL
NOTICE OF APPOINTMENT OF DATE FOR THE EXERCISE OF ELECTORS' RIGHTS
Accounts for the year ended 31 March 2014 Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2011 (SI 2011/817) and the Audit Commission Act 1998, Sections 15 and 16
1. Date of Announcement: 01 May 2014
2. Each year the Council's Annual Return is audited by an external auditor appointed by the Audit Commission. Any person interested has the opportunity to inspect and make copies of the Annual Return and all books, deeds, contracts, bills, vouchers and receipts etc. relating to them. For the year ended 31 March 2014 these documents will be available on reasonable notice on application to:
Sheila Prentice, Responsible Financial Officer, Town Hall, High Street, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 3ER (01249 446699) or email@example.com between the hours of 10.00 am and 2.00 pm on Monday to Friday inclusive commencing on 23 May 2014 and ending on 20 June 2014.
3. Local Government Electors and their representatives also have:
* the opportunity to question the auditor about the accounts. The auditor can be contacted at the address in paragraph 4 below for this purpose on 23 June 2014 and after that date will be available at the address given in paragraph 4 below until the audit has been completed; and
* the right to make objections to the accounts or any item in them. Written notice of an objection must first be given to the auditor and a copy sent to the Council.
4. The Council's audit is being conducted under the provisions of the Audit Commission Act 1998, the Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2011 and the Audit Commission's Code of Audit Practice. The audit is being carried out by:
Grant Thornton UK LLP, Hartwell House, 55-61 Victoria Street, Bristol BS1 6FT
5. This announcement is made by Sheila Prentice, Responsible Financial Officer, Town Hall, High Street, Chippenham, Wiltshire SN15 3ER.