London Borough of Merton Public NoticesNotice ID: SUT2118706
London Borough of Merton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON
PROPOSED AMENDMENT TO THE ZEBRA CROSSING INSTALLATION IN CHURCH ROAD AT ITS JUNCTION WITH CHANTRY WAY
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Merton, after consultation with the Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis under powers conferred by section 23 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, intend to amend the layout of the zebra crossing in Church Road near its junction with Chantry Way so that the "controlled area" in which stopping, waiting and loading is prohibited at all times would be extended southward by 8.7 metres across the full width of Church Road and the "controlled area" applying on both the approach and exit sides of the crossing would be 48 metres in total.
2. A plan of the area affected by the proposed change to layout of the controlled area of the zebra crossing can be inspected during the Council's normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive at Merton Link, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden.
3. Any person desiring to comment on the proposal should send a statement in writing to the Environment and Regeneration Department, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey, SM4 5DX quoting the reference ES/CHURCHRDCROSSING no later than 9 July 2021.
Dated 17 June 2021.
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(11
(OXTOBY WAY. MITCHAM1 (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021
1. The Council of the London Borough of Merton hereby give notice that to facilitate telecom works in the carriageway and footway in Oxtoby Way, Mitcham, they intend to make an Order, the effect of which would be to temporarily restrict pedestrian and vehicular traffic in the said road.
2. During the works no person would:-
(a) cause or permit any vehicle to enter or proceed in Oxtoby Way, from the north-western kerb-line of Chilmark Road north-westward for a distance of 15 metres; or
(b) cause or permit any vehicle to wait, including for the purpose of loading or unloading any vehicle, in the length of Oxtoby Way specified in sub-paragraph (a) above; or
(c) enter of proceed in the footways of the length of Oxtoby Way specified in paragraph 2(a) above.
3. Any designated parking place situated in the length of Oxtoby Way specified in paragraph 2(a) above would be suspended for the duration of the works in that length of road.
4. The restrictions would only apply during such times and to such extent as would from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
5. Nothing in the Order would apply to: -
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works; or
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform, a police community support officer in uniform; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes; or
(d) any person requiring vehicular access to the properties in Oxtoby Way, insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. Oxtoby Way is a cul-de-sac and a diversion route is not applicable.
7. Pedestrians affected by a footway closure should proceed using the footway opposite as the footways would be shut on alternating basis.
8. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
9. The Order would come into operation on Wednesday 7th July 2021 and it is anticipated that the works would be completed within 7 days. However, the Order would remain in force for 3 months should further works be required.
Dated 17 June, 2021.
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTIONS 14(11. 22C and 22D fas amended!
WIMBLEDON CHAMPIONSHIPS 2021
(CHURCH ROAD AND SOMERSET ROAD. SW191
(TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC! ORDER 2021
1. The London Borough of Merton Council, on the recommendation of the Commissioner of Police of the Metropolis, hereby give notice that for purposes relating to danger or damage connected with terrorism, they intend to make an Order, the effect of which would be to temporarily restrict pedestrian and vehicular traffic in Church Road and Somerset Road, as required, during the Wimbledon Championships 2021.
2. Between the hours of 6am on Monday 28th June 2021 until 11.59pm on Sunday 11th July 2021, when and where appropriate signs are being displayed, no person would:-
(a) enter or proceed in:
(i) Church Road, between its junction with Bathgate Road and its junction with Somerset Road;
(ii) Somerset Road, between its junction with Marryat Road and its junction with Newstead Way;
(b) cause or permit any vehicle to enter or proceed in the roads or lengths of road specified in sub-paragraph 2(a) above.
3. The Order would confer powers to police constables and persons authorised by them to direct that any provision of the Order be suspended, commenced or revived, and to place barriers and obstructions on the roads or lengths of road specified in sub-paragraph 2(a) above, as they consider appropriate. The Order would also confer the power of discretion to police constables and authorised persons which would enable them to facilitate limited access to certain vehicles and pedestrians, including residents and those wishing to attend the event.
4. Alternative routes for diverted traffic would be indicated by advance warning and diversion signs but would likely use one or more of the following roads:- Church Road, High Street Wimbledon, Parkside, Wimbledon Parkside, Inner Park Road, Augustus Road, Replingham Road, Merton Road, Durnsford Road, Gap Road, Leopold Road, Arthur Road and St Mary's Road.
5. The Order would come into operation on Monday 28th June 2021, and remain in force until Sunday 11th July 2021 inclusive.
Dated: 17 June 2021.
PAUL MCGARRY Head of futureMerton London Borough of Merton
Telephone: 020 8274 4901
Merton Civic Centre London Road, Morden Surrey SM4 5DX