The Merton (Parkleti (High Street. Wimbledon) Experimental Traffic Order 2021Notice ID: SUT2105718
London Borough of Merton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON
The Merton (Parklet) (High Street. Wimbledon) Experimental Traffic Order 2021
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the London Borough of Merton, on 2 June 2021, made the above-mentioned Order under section 9 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The Order shall come into force on 11 June 2021 and shall continue in operation for a maximum period of 18 months.
3. The general effect of the Order will be to replace the two "Pay and Display" bays outside No. 48 High Street, Wimbledon with 'at any time' waiting restrictions to facilitate for the installation of a parklet.
4. While the Order remains in force, the Head of futureMerton or some person authorised in that behalf by him, may, under section 10(2) of the Act, if it appears to him or that person, essential in the interests of the convenient, expeditious, and safe movement of traffic; or in the interests of providing suitable and adequate on-street parking facilities or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which any road affected by the Order runs, modify or suspend the Order or any provision thereof.
5. A copy of the Order, and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the Order, including a plan identifying the length of road affected by the Order, can normally be inspected during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive at Merton Link, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey, until the end of a period six months from the date on which trie Order comes into force. However, due to the pandemic, documents are also available for inspection at
6. The London Borough of Merton, as the Order making authority, will consider in due course whether the provisions of the Order should be continued in force indefinitely. Any person desiring to object to the Order continuing indefinitely may, within a period of six months beginning with the day on which the experimental order came into force or if that Order is varied by another order or modified pursuant to section 10(2) of the 1984 Act, beginning with the day on which the variation or modification or the latest variation or modification came into force, visit
and do so at the appropriate feedback link, stating the grounds on which any such objection is made.
7. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Order or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Act, or that any of the relevant requirements of the Act, or of any relevant regulations made under that Act have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may, within six weeks from the date on which the Order was made, make an application for this purpose to the High Court.
Dated 2 June 2021.
PAUL MCGARRY Head of futureMerton
London Borough of Merton Telephone: 020 8274 4901
Merton Civic Centre London Road, Morden Surrey SM4 5DX