ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT1988922
Transport for London Public Notice
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A3 GLA ROAD (MALDEN WAY, ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2021
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to allow gas connection works to take place on Maiden Way.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) entering or exiting Manor Drive North from the A3 Maiden Way;
(2 )entering or proceeding on the A3 Maiden Way between its junctions with Gainsborough Road and North Manor Drive. Local access will be maintained. The Order will be effective between 7:00 AM on the 13th February 2021 and 6:00 PM on the 1 st of March 2021 or until the works ' has been completed. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibition will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for
fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibition is in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via: Tolworth Rise South, Southwood Drive, Collingwood Avenue, Oakdene Drive, Raleigh Drive, Warren Drive South, Barnsbury Lane, Kingston Road, Worcester Park Road, Old Maiden Lane and Church Road on to normal route of travel (Vice Versa). For cyclists via Gainsborough Road, Manor Drive North, Sheephouse Way, Knollmead and Southwood Drive on to normal route of travel (Vice Versa).
Dated this 4th day of February 2021
Co-ordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London, Palestra,
197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
MAYOR OF LONDON
TRANSPORT FOR LONDON