ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: MFN0595806
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate gas replacement works and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Friday 12 February 2021, with works expected to take 4 weeks to complete. However, the Order will remain in force for 3 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will in Brunswick Road:-
- prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting at its junction with Park Road; and
- introduce waiting restrictions - no waiting 'at any time' and loading restrictions - no loading 'at any time' (including suspension of parking bays) outside Nos. 1 to 9.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the closure is in place will be via Park Road, Kingston Hill, Brunswick Road and vice versa.
5. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Group Manager - Highways & Transport.
Dated: 4 February 2021