ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: WAT1950864
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
THE WALTHAM FOREST (SOUTH GROVE REGION) (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) (NO. 1) ORDER 2021 (TT31(20))
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest (the Council) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that on 17th December 2020 it made an Order to allow for the installation of an electricity supply to an L & Q development site by Infinity Network, to be carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
2. The general effect of the Order will be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed, to :
(a) prohibit vehicles (except works vehicles) from entering, proceeding, waiting or loading for any purpose, at any time, in the following roads:
* Brunner Road E17 - All
* Falmouth Way E17 - All
(b) prohibit vehicles (except works vehicles) from waiting or loading for any purpose, at any time, in Gosport Road E17 - west side -between its junction with Falmouth Way and No. 34 Gosport Road
3. The general effect of the Order would also be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed, in Brunner Road E17 (when open) to prohibit all motor vehicles and cyclists from proceeding at any time in any direction other than in an anti-clockwise manner commencing between its junctions with South Grove and exiting at its junction with St James Street (from its junction with South Grove proceeding north-westwards, then south-westwards and then south-eastwards toward its junction with St James Street);
4. Whilst works are being carried out and only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to wait or load for any purpose, at any time, within 15 metres of the junction of any road adjoining the roads or sections of roads contained in paragraph 2 above.
5. Whilst the prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 above remain in force, advance warning signage and alternative routes for traffic shall be in place.
6. Whilst works are being carried out and only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed the one-way working and no-entry prohibition in Falmouth Way will be suspended.
7. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order would be removed.
8. The restrictions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow) - (except item 3)
9. The Order will come into operation on 5* January 2021 and would be valid for a maximum period of 12 months or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner (this applies to all sites mentioned in paragraph 2 above and allows for unforeseen constraints which may abort works until a future time).
NOTE: These works would not be carried out simultaneously in all roads but in a sequence as directed by the Council. Leaflets would be distributed and signage placed in advance of any works in the above-mentioned roads which would give more specific details on the exact dates of the restrictions and effects of any temporary traffic management as necessary.
Dated 17th December 2020
Mr K Valavan, Director of Highways and Traffic Management,
Resident Services, Low Hall, Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS_