ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: MFN0574172
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames hereby gives notice that in order to enable bridge strengthening works, and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Wednesday 23 October 2020 and will remain in force for 18 months
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily in:-
- Queen Elizabeth Road between its junctions with Gordon Road and Canbury Park Road prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting; and
- Gordon Road between its junction with Queen Elizabeth Road and No. 5 Gordon Road introduce waiting restrictions - no waiting 'at any time' and loading restrictions - no loading 'at any time' (including suspension of parking bays)
4. An alternative route for the above closure will be via Gordon Road, (A308) London Road, Clifton Road, Canbury Park Road and vice versa.
5. Vehicular access to properties adjacent to the prohibited lengths of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Mervyn Bartlett, Group Manager - Highways & Transport. Dated: 8 October 2020