ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: MFN0568028
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames hereby gives notice that due to Covid-19 it made an Order it is necessary to facilitate safer pedestrian access to maintain social distancing during the current pandemic it made an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order came into effect on Thursday 3 September 2020 and will remain in force for 18 months.
3. Whilst the necessary social distancing measures are in place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily:-
- introduce one-way working except for cyclists in the following roads:-
Eden Street between its junction with Ladybooth Road and its junction with
Clarence Street from a south-west to north-east direction, and Clarence Street between its junction and Eden Street and a point opposite No.70 from a south-west to north-east direction;
- ban the left turn except for cyclists from Wheatfield Way into Clarence Street;
- ban the right turn except for cyclists from the following roads:-
that part of Clarence Street (pedestrian area) into Eden Street;
the service road from Neville House Yard into Eden Street; and Ladybooth Road into Eden Street;
- suspend the banned right turn from the following roads:-
Ashdown Road into Eden Street; and
Ladybooth Road into Eden Street;
- suspend the loading bay in Clarence Street on the south side outside No. 70;
- suspend the bus lane in Eden Street north of its junction with Brook Street;
- suspend any bus stop clearway located on the south and south-east side of Eden Street.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the one-way working is in place will be via Wheatfield Way and Ashdown Road.
5. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Assistant Director - Highways, Transport, and Regulatory Services Dated: 10 September 2020