LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT1770991
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton with the agreement of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate gas diversion works and because these works are being executed on or near the carriageway it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Saturday 1 August 2020, with works expected to take 9 days to complete. However the Order will remain in force for 6 months to be re-introduced should works be delayed or further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily prohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting Green Lane, Worcester Park between its junction with Longfellow Road and No 96 Green Lane, Worcester Park.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the prohibition is in place will be via Pembury Avenue, Caverleigh Way, Kingshill Avenue and vice versa
5. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 (S.I. 2016/362).
Group Manager - Highways & Transport. Dated: 2 July 2020