ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: MF0556976
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames herebygives notice that in order to enable gasmainworks and because these works are being executed on or near the carriagewayitmadean Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Monday15June 2020, with works expected to take5daystocomplete. Howeverthe Order will remain in force for 6months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayedthe Order will temporarilyprohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting Elm Road,New Malden between its junctions with (A2043) Kingston Road and Melrose Gardens.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the closure is in place will be via (A2043) Kingston Road,High Street, NewMalden, Coombe Road,Traps Lane, LangleyGrove,Clarence Avenue and vice versa.
5. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified aboveapplyonlyduring such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Group Manager -Highways& Transport. Dated: 18 June 2020