ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: MF0556977
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT1984 - SECTION 14(1)
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames herebygives notice that in order to enable gasmainworks and because these works are being executed on or near the carriagewayitintends to makean Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Wednesday15July 2020, with works expected to take8 weeks to complete. Howeverthe Order will remain in force for 6months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. When the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayedthe Order will temporarilyprohibit all vehicular traffic including pedal cycles from entering or exiting and introduce 'at any time no waiting' and 'no loading' restrictions (including suspension of all parking bays) in:-
? BridgeRoad, Chessington between its junctions with (A243) Hook Road and Leatherhead Road and ParburyRise; and
? Hook Road, Chessington that partofthe service road fronting Nos. 525 to 543.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic whilst the closure is in place for BridgeRoad will be via (A243) Hook Road, (A3) Kingston by-pass, Kingston Road,RuxleyLane, Chessington Road and vice versa.
5. Vehicles access to properties adjacent to the prohibited length of road will be maintained at all times insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
6. The prohibitions specified aboveapplyonlyduring such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Group Manager -Highways& Transport.
Dated: 18 June 2020