ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14 (1) Temporary Waiting Restrictions andNotice ID: SUT1683636
London Brough of Merton
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) (EASTFIELDS ROAD AND GROVE ROAD, CR4) (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC) (NO. 1) ORDER 2020
1. The London Borough of Merton Council hereby give notice that to facilitate the replacement of road plates and associated works at the Eastfields Road level crossing, they have made an Order, the effect of which will be to temporarily prohibit pedestrian and vehicular traffic in Eastfields Road and Grove Road.
2. Whilst the works take place no person will:-
(a) cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed, wait, load or unload in:
(i) Eastfields Road, between its junction with Grove Road and a point 25 metres north-west of the level crossing in Eastfields Road; and
(ii) Grove Road, from its junction with Eastfields Road south-eastward for a distance of 10 metres; or
(b) enter or proceed in the lengths of roads listed in sub-paragraph 2(a) above.
3. The prohibition will only apply during such times and to such extent as will from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
4. Vehicular access to properties adjacent to the prohibited lengths of road will be maintained insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
Vehicular access to properties adjacent to the prohibited lengths of road will be maintained insofar as access is reasonably practicable without interference with the said works.
5. Pedestrian access to properties adjacent to the prohibited lengths of roads will be maintained at all times.
6. Alternative routes for diverted traffic will be as follows:
(a) for vehicles from Grove Road, via Tamworth Lane, Cedars Avenue, Commonside East, Upper Green East, London Road, Raleigh Gardens, Holborn Way, London Road, Lock's Lane and Eastfields Road;
(b)for vehicles from Eastfields Road, via Lock's Lane, London Road, Upper Green East, Commonside East, Cedar Avenue, Tamworth Lane and Grove Road;
(c) for pedestrians, via the adjacent footbridge.
7. Nothing in the Order will apply to: -
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works; or
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a police community support officer in uniform; or
(c)any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
8. Nothing in paragraph 2(b) above will apply to persons connected with the execution of the works.
9. The Order will apply from 12.05am on Monday 12th April 2020 until 5am on Tuesday 13th April 2020.
Dated 31 March 2020.
PAUL MCGARRY Merton Civic Centra Head of nitureMerlon London Road, Harden London Rorough ol Merton Telephone: 020 8274 4901_Surrey SH4 5DX