LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AND HIGHWAYS ACT 1980Notice ID: SUT1618905
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AND HIGHWAYS ACT 1980
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton propose to make the following Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49, 84 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended -
(a) The Sutton (Speed Limit) (20mph)( (No.*) (Amendment No. *) Order 202*;
(b) The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. *) Order 202*; and
(c) The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. *) Order 202*.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be to:-
(a) introduce 20mph speed limit zone in Bridgewood Road, Dundela Gardens, Fairlight Close, Killester Gardens, Latimer Close, Lynwood Drive, Oaks Avenue, St Clair Drive, The Mount and Tudor Avenue;
(b) extend the existing 20mph speed limit in Kingsmead Avenue, Sparrow Farm Road and Stoneleigh Avenue to their entire lengths;
(c) modify the length of the existing school keep clear markings operating Mondays to Fridays between 8am to 9.30am and 2.30pm to 4pm in Sparrow Farm Road between its junction with Dundela Gardens and Waverley Road. This modification is necessary to accommodate the zebra crossing mentioned in item 6 (a) below;
(d) relocate the existing disabled persons parking place from outside No. 309 Bishopsford Road to outside No's. 311 and 313 Bishopsford Road to accommodate the toucan crossing mentioned in item 6(b) below and
(e) introduce double yellow line 'at any time' waiting restrictions between No's. 8 to 10 Newstead Walk.
(f) to make certain other changes so that the map tiles attached to those Orders match conditions as they exist out on site.
3. NOTICE IS ALSO HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton proposes, under section 90A and 90C of the Highways Act 1980 to construct the type of road hump known as a "raised table" in Kingsmead Avenue at its junction with Dalmeny Road with an overall length of 5.4 metres including ramps which would each have a gradient of 1:2. The "raised table" would be an elevated section of carriageway with a flat top, 75 millimetres higher at its highest point than the surrounding carriageway.
4. Copies of the proposed Orders, of the Council's Statement of Reasons for proposing to make the Orders and plans showing the locations and the effects of the proposals may be inspected at the Council's Environment, Housing and Regeneration Offices at 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton between 9 am and 5 pm Monday to Friday.
5. If you would like to make comments on the proposals you can do so by filling in an on-line consultation response form which can be found on our web pages
trafficpublicnotices under "view our Permanent Traffic Order Consultations" selecting "Notices of Proposals" and then "SuttMap 1084".
Alternatively please send them to The Technical Operations Team, Highways and Transport, Kingston & Sutton Shared Environment Service, London Borough of Sutton, 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 2JG by 12 March 2020 please quote the following reference SuttMap 1084.
6. FURTHER NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton has approved under section 23 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 to provide a:-
(a) Zebra Crossing in Sparrow Farm Road outside Meadow Primary School the overall length of the zebra crossing and regulatory zig zag markings will be 41.45 metres. Associated zig-zag markings, on which vehicles would be prohibited from stopping and overtaking at all times, would be placed on the carriageway either side of the zebra crossing, extending up to a maximum of 17.35 metres either side of the crossing; and
(b) Toucan Crossing with cycle facility in Bishopsford Road between its junction with Malmesbury Road, Morden and 382 Bishopsford Road the overall length of the toucan crossing and regulatory zig-zag marking will be 26.2 metres. Associated zig-zag markings, on which vehicles would be prohibited from stopping and overtaking at all times, would be placed on the carriageway either side of the toucan crossing, extending up to a maximum of 9 metres either side of the crossing.
7. FURTHER NOTICE IS ALSO HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of London Borough of Sutton, as part of this proposal, and by the powers conferred under section 15 of the Greater London Council (General Powers) Act 1974 is resolving removal of
(a) lengths of the footway parking exemption in certain lengths of Bishopsford Road, opposite the pathway to Newstead Walk; and
(b) outside No. 12 Westcroft Road, Carshalton
Dated: 20 February 2020 Mervyn Bartlett
Group Manager - Highways and Transport
Note: Persons responding to the proposed Orders should be aware that the council may be legally obliged to disclose the information provided to third parties.