ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)Notice ID: SUT1559577
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
TEMPORARY CLOSURES AND SUSPENSION OF PARKING CARRIAGEWAY RESURFACING WORKS
1. The Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate carriageway resurfacing works they intend to make an Order, the effect of which would be to introduce temporary closures in various streets within the borough.
2. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter or proceed in those streets or parts of streets as specified in the Schedule to this Notice. It is anticipated that not all closures would be in place at the same time.
3. Alternative routes for vehicles will be available, as indicated by traffic signs.
4. The Order would come into operation on 23 January 2020 and will remain in force for a maximum of 18 months or until the works are completed. The restrictions would only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs.
5. Parking places in the specified streets and parts of streets would also be suspended during the works.
6. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
7. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8871 6686.
Dated 16 January 2020
Town Hall Wandsworth SW18 2PU
(PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE PDF BELOW TO VIEW THE SCHEDULE)