WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL RESTRICTED ZONE BUCKHOLD ROAD AND HARDWICKS SQUARE, SW18Notice ID: SUT1500194
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
RESTRICTED ZONE BUCKHOLD ROAD AND HARDWICKS SQUARE, SW18
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth on 4 December 2019 made the following Orders under sections 6 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and the Traffic Management Act 2004: -
- The Wandsworth (Prescribed Routes) (No. 6) Traffic Order 2019
- The Wandsworth (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Special Parking Areas) (Amendment No. 584) Order 2019
2. The general effect of the Orders will be to:
(a) introduce a Restricted Zone in Hardwick's Square, which would operate at any time. Vehicles would be prohibited from stopping or waiting, (including waiting for the purposes of loading / unloading) except in the signed loading bays, disabled bays, car club bays or short stay free parking bays located on Hardwicks Square;
(b) introduce double yellow lines ("no waiting at any time") on the south-western side of Hardwicks Square at its junction with Buckhold Road, introduce waiting restrictions operating between 7am and 7pm on all days of the week on the north-eastern side of Hardwicks Square, 10 metres north-west of its junction with Buckhold Road, introduce double yellow lines ("no waiting to any time") on the north-eastern side of Hardwicks Square at the junction of Buckhold Road and to introduce a waiting and loading restriction operating between 7am and 7pm on Mondays to Saturdays to the south-west of Hardwicks Square and opposite; and
(c) revoke the existing Pedestrian Zone in Hardwicks Square.
3. Copies of documents giving more detailed particulars of the Orders are available for inspection during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays at The Customer Centre, The Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU. The documents will remain available until the end of six weeks from the date on which the Orders are made or Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8871 7825.
4. Any person desiring to question the validity of the orders or of any provision contained in them on the grounds that they are not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements of that Act or of any relevant regulations made under that Act have not been complied with in relation to the orders may, within six weeks from the date which the orders are made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated this 5 December 2019
The Town Hall Wandsworth SW18 2PU
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive