ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT1440256
Transport for London Public Notice
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A205 GLA ROAD AND GLA SIDE ROAD (KEW BRIDGE ROAD, KEW ROAD AND CHISWICK HIGH ROAD, LONDON BOROUGHS OF HOUNSLOW AND RICHMOND UPON THAMES) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC, STOPPING AND 20 MPH SPEED LIMIT) ORDER 2019
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable cycle improvement works to take place on Kew Bridge Road, Kew Road and Chiswick High Road.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
1) entering, exiting, stopping or proceeding on Kew Bridge Road between its junction with Chiswick High Road to the western extent of the marked red route;
2) entering, exiting, stopping or proceeding on Chiswick High Road between its junctions with Kew Bridge Road and Chiswick Roundabout;
3) entering, exiting, stopping or proceeding on Kew Road between its junctions with Kew Bridge Road and Mortlake Road;
4) stopping on Stile Hall Gardens between its junction with Chiswick High Road and north-western building line of No.1 Stile Hall Gardens;
5) exceeding 20 MPH on Kew Bridge Road between its junction with Chiswick High Road to the western extent of the marked red route;
6) exceeding 20 MPH on Chiswick High Road between its junctions with Kew Bridge Road and Chiswick Roundabout
7) exceeding 20 MPH on Kew Road between its junctions with Kew Bridge Road and Mortlake Road.
Local access will be maintained. Works will be carried out in phases such that not all restrictions may apply at any one time. Full overnight closures only required for approximately 1 week for resurfacing, at other times, minor restrictions may apply as required.
The Order will be effective between 8:00AM on the 11th November 2019 and 6:00 PM on the 11th May 2021 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1 )any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for
fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes; (2)anything done with the permission or at the direction of
a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by
Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force alternative routes will be indicated by traffic signs via:
(1)Kew Road, Lower Mortlake Road, Manor Circus, Lower Richmond Road, Clifford Avenue, Chiswick Bridge, Clifford Avenue, Great Chertsey Road, Burlington Lane, Hogarth Roundabout, Hogarth Lane, Great West Road, Ellesmere Road, Cedars Road, Great West Road and Chiswick Roundabout or reverse and return to normal route of travel; (2)Chiswick Roundabout, Great West Road and Ealing Road or reverse and return to normal route of travel.
Dated this 6th day of November 2019
Planning and Performance Manager - West, Transport for London Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ