PROPOSED RESTRICTED ZONE BUCKHOLD ROAD AND HARDWICKS SQUARE, SW18Notice ID: SUT1413667
Wandsworth Borough Council
PROPOSED RESTRICTED ZONE BUCKHOLD ROAD AND HARDWICKS SQUARE, SW18
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth proposes to make the following Orders under sections 6 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and the Traffic Management Act 2004: -
- The Wandsworth (Prescribed Routes) (No. *) Traffic Order 20"
- The Wandsworth (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Special Parking Areas) (Amendment No. ***) Order 20"
2. The general effect of the Orders will be to:
(a) introduce a Restricted Zone in Hardwick's Square and Newton's Yard which would operate at any time. Vehicles would be prohibited from stopping or waiting, (including waiting for the purposes of loading / unloading) except in the signed loading bays, disabled bays, car club bays or short stay free parking bays located on Enterprise Way;
(b) introduce double yellow lines ("no waiting at any time") on the south-western side of Hardwicks Square at its junction with Buckhold Road, introduce waiting restrictions operating between 7am and 7pm on all days of the week on the northeastern side of Hardwicks Square, 10 metres north-west of its junction with Buckhold Road, introduce double yellow lines ("no waiting to any time") on the north-eastern side of Hardwicks Square at the junction of Buckhold Road and to introduce a waiting and loading restriction operating between 7am and 7pm on Mondays to Saturdays to the south-west of Hardwicks Square and opposite ; and
(c) revoke the existing Pedestrian Zone in Hardwicks Square and Newton's Yard..
3. Copies of documents giving more detailed particulars of the proposed Order are available for inspection during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays at The Customer Centre, The Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU. The documents will remain available until the end of six weeks from the date on which the Order is made or, as the case may be, the Council decides not to make the Orders.
4. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8871 5278
5. Any person wishing to object to the proposed Orders should send a statement in writing of their objection and the grounds on which it is made to the Director of Environment and Community Services at the address below (quoting the reference W/ECS/TMO/1765b) by 8 November 2019.
Dated this eighteenth day of October 2019
The Town Hall
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive