ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY PARKING PROVISION AND WAITING RESTRICTIONSNotice ID: SUT1350963
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY PARKING PROVISION AND WAITING RESTRICTIONS CARLTON DRIVE, SW15
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY PARKING PROVISION AND WAITING RESTRICTIONS CARLTON DRIVE, SW15
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth, on the 2nd September 2019 made an Order to facilitate works In connection with works within the curtilage of Putney High School, 95 Putney Hill and the provision of a temporary vehicular access to that site for works traffic ("the works"), the effect of which will be to introduce temporary prohibitions of traffic in Carlton Drive.
2. Whilst the works take place:
(a) the existing parking place on the south side of Carlton Drive between its junction with Putney Hill and Rayners Road (i.e. adjacent to the boundary wall of Putney High School), having an overall length of approximately 55 metres, will be reconfigured as 2 parking places, each approximately 22.6 metres long, and separated by a gap of 9.4 metres;
(b) a "no waiting" restriction will be introduced operating between 8.30am and 6.30pm on Mondays to Saturdays inclusive on the south side of Carlton Drive in the gap of 9.4 metres described in paragraph (a) above.
3. The Order will come into effect on 16th September 2019 and will remain in force for a maximum of 18 months or until the works are complete, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that the works to be completed within 15 months, i.e by mid-December 2020. The restrictions will only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs.
4. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
5. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
6. Further information may be obtained from the Council's Traffic and Engineering Division - telephone number (020) 8487 5279.
Dated 13th September 2019
Town Hall Wandsworth SW18 2PU
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive