PROPOSED MINOR PARKING AMENDMENTS CARTERS YARD SW18, CHIVALRY ROAD SW11, MEDFIELD STREET SW15, PUTNEY HEATH SW15, PUTNEY HILL SW15 and SUGDEN ROAD SW11Notice ID: SUT1294534
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
PROPOSED MINOR PARKING AMENDMENTS
CARTERS YARD SW18, CHIVALRY ROAD SW11, MEDFIELD STREET SW15, PUTNEY HEATH SW15, PUTNEY HILL SW15 and SUGDEN ROAD SW11
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth proposes to make the following Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and the Traffic Management Act 2004.
- The Wandsworth (Clapham Junction) (Parking Places) (No.*) Order 2019
- The Wandsworth (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Special Parking Areas) (Amendment No. *) Order 2019
2. The general effect of the Orders would be:
(a) CARTER'S YARD - to introduce double yellow line restrictions ("no waiting at any time") in the whole of Carter's Yard other than part which a side road to the A3 route, being part of the Transport for London Road Network ("TLRN");
(b) CHIVALRY ROAD - to extend the waiting restriction "no waiting between 8.30am and 6.30pm on Mondays to Saturdays inclusive" on the south-east side of Chivalry Road by 5 metres to allow a street trader's pitch to be introduced opposite No. 30 Chivalry Road and to shorten a shared-use parking place within the Clapham Junction controlled parking zone, Zone C2, by the same amount and for the same purpose;
(c) MEDFIELD STREET - to introduce double yellow line restrictions ("no waiting at any time") on the north side of Medfield Street from the end of the TLRN restrictions which apply to the side road to the A 306 Roehampton Lane for a distance of approximately 5.5 metres outside No. 13 Medfield Street, which currently is a short length of unrestricted carriageway;
(d) PUTNEY HEATH - to introduce double yellow line restrictions ("no waiting at any time") on both sides of Putney Heath from the eastern edge of the Roehampton controlled parking zone (a point close to the junction of Putney Heath with Dover House Road, Roehampton High Street and Treville Street) to the junction of Putney Heath with Telegraph Road, which currently is unrestricted carriageway (other than for the presence of a zebra crossing and two bus stop clearways);
(e) PUTNEY HILL in the service road to the east of Tibbetts Rise serving "Headley Court", No. 67 Putney Hill to "Ross Court", No. 81 Putney Hill - to introduce double yellow line restrictions ("no waiting at any time") at the southern extremity outside "Ross Court" for distances of 12 metres and 16.5 metres on the west and east sides respectively of the service road; and
(f) SUGDEN ROAD - to introduce double yellow line restrictions ("no waiting at any time") on the west side only of Sugden Road on the bend outside Nos. 22 to 32 Sugden Road in place of the Controlled Parking Zone restrictions ("no waiting between 9.30am and 5.30pm on Mondays to Fridays") which generally applies in the Clapham Junction CPZ, Zone C3.
3. Copies of documents giving more detailed particulars of the proposed Orders are available for inspection during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays in The Customer Centre, The Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU. The documents will remain available until the end of six weeks from the date on which the Orders are made or, as the case may be, the Council decides not to make the Orders.
4. Further information may be obtained from the Council's Traffic and Engineering Division - telephone number (020) 8487 5279.
5. Any person wishing to object to the proposed Orders should send a statement in writing of their objection to the Director of Environment and Community Services at the address below (quoting reference W/ECS/TMO1760) by 30th August 2019.
Dated 9th August 2019
Town Hall Wandsworth SW18 2PU
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive