ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS EDEN STREET, LADY BOOTH ROAD &ASHDOWN ROAD, KINGSTONNotice ID: MF0443224
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS EDEN STREET, LADY BOOTH ROAD &ASHDOWN ROAD, KINGSTON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for the above named roads, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT,tofacilitate the connection of LV and HV cables by Power On Connections, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will be to :
a) Prohibit vehicular traffic from entering, proceeding or remaining at rest in Eden Street, between Lady Booth Road and Brook Street travelling in asoutherly direction, allowing only Northbound traffic.
b) Prohibit vehicular traffic from procceding, remaining at rest or exiting Ashdown Road, at the junction with Eden Street.
c) Allow all vehicles to use the bus only lane in Eden Street between St James Road and Clarence Street.
d) Prohibit the left turn from Lady Booth Road in to Eden Street
e) Allow the right turn from Lady Booth Road in to Eden Street.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above: -
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of aconstable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 05 August 2019 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will be completed within 2weeks.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. Signed diversions will be put in place. MERVYN BARTLETT,
Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU.
04 July 2019