London Borough of Merton Public NoticesNotice ID: SUT1221028
London Borough of Merton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON
REMOVAL OF HALLOWELL CLOSE FROM MTC2 CONTROLLED PARKING ZONE
THE MERTON (PARKING PLACES) (MTC2) (AMENDMENT NO. *) ORDER 20*
THE MERTON (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTION) (MTC2) (AMENDMENT NO. "1 ORDER 20' THE MERTON (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTION) (AMENDMENT NO. *) ORDER 20* THE MERTON (FREE PARKING PLACES) (HALLOWELL CLOSE) ORDER 20*
THE MERTON (FREE PARKING PLACES) (DISABLED PERSONS) (NO. ») ORDER 20*
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Merton propose to make the above-mentioned Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the "MTC2" Orders would be to remove Hallowell Close from controlled parking zone "MTC2".
3. The general effect of the Merton (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No. *) Order would be to maintain the no waiting "at any time" restrictions marked out on Hallowell Close upon the removal of Hallowell Close from controlled parking zone "MTC2".
4. The general effect of the Merton (Free Parking Places) (Hallowell Close) Order 20* would be to replace controlled parking zone "MTC2" parking places in Hallowell Close with free parking places that would operate at any time throughout the week and specify that:
(a) the parking places may be used, subject to the provisions of the Order, for the leaving during the permitted hours of such vehicles as are passenger vehicles, goods vehicles, invalid carriages or motor cycles; and
(b) there would be no charge for parking in the parking places.
5. The general effect of the 'Free Parking Places Disabled Persons' Order would be to: -
(a) designate a parking place on the carriageway outside No. 8 Hallowell Close, in which vehicles authorised by the 'Disabled Persons' Order may be left for any period without charge;
(b) provide that the parking place would operate at all times, unless otherwise stated;
(c) specify, in respect of the parking place, that vehicles displaying in the relevant position, a disabled persons badge (commonly referred to as "the Blue Badge") issued by any local authority under the provisions of the Disabled Persons (Badges for Motor Vehicles) Regulations 2000 may be left therein;
(d) provide that certain vehicles may wait in the parking place in certain circumstances, e.g. to allow persons to board or alight (maximum 2 minutes), to load or unload (maximum 20 minutes), etc.
6. A copy of each of the proposed Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the Orders, including a plan which indicates the lengths of road to which the Orders relate can be inspected Monday to Friday during normal office hours at Merton Link, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey.
7. Any person desiring to comment on the proposed Orders should send a statement in writing of their representations or objections and the grounds thereof, to the Environment and Regeneration Department at the Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey, SM4 5DX, or alternatively by email to
quoting reference ES/CPZMTC2, no later than 12 July 2019.
Dated: 21 June 2019.
Paul McGarry Merton Civic Centre
Head of futureMerton London Road, Morden
London Borough of Merton Surrey SM4 5DX
Telephone: 020 8274 4901