The Thames came up onto the roads along Twickenhame Riverside with little or no warning this afternoon and caught many motorists out.
People were wading from the end of Eel Pie Island bridge to the road to move their cars and even people in the cafe overlooking the thames were getting wet moving their cars.
The water had come up so rapidly they had not had noticed it before it was up to the wheel nuts on some cars.
Closer to the bridge others were not so lucky.
Based on information supplied by Chris Backhouse on Sunday afternoon, March 2.
Would you like to share pictures with our readers? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4260 or use our upload form.
- Plan your tactics: Firms and staff urged to be flexible during Euro 2016
- Horrible Histories: Henry VIII back at Hampton Court Palace this summer
- Bad student behaviour and weak leadership found in Ofsted report for Academy destined for new management
- Stop cold calls with a text OR use our 11 funny ways to deal with them instead
- Parents left horrified when told 'cameras' have been installed in children's school toilets