The Thames came up onto the roads along Twickenhame Riverside with little or no warning this afternoon and caught many motorists out.
People were wading from the end of Eel Pie Island bridge to the road to move their cars and even people in the cafe overlooking the thames were getting wet moving their cars.
The water had come up so rapidly they had not had noticed it before it was up to the wheel nuts on some cars.
Closer to the bridge others were not so lucky.
Based on information supplied by Chris Backhouse on Sunday afternoon, March 2.
Would you like to share pictures with our readers? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4260 or use our upload form.
- Secondary school offer letters out today - did your child get in?
- Twickenham town square will "reinvigorate" the town, says Lord True
- First time buyers must save for more than 17 years to afford a home in Richmond
- Radnor House School to takeover Kent independent school
- Indian restaurant sees food hygiene rating boosted