The Thames came up onto the roads along Twickenhame Riverside with little or no warning this afternoon and caught many motorists out.
People were wading from the end of Eel Pie Island bridge to the road to move their cars and even people in the cafe overlooking the thames were getting wet moving their cars.
The water had come up so rapidly they had not had noticed it before it was up to the wheel nuts on some cars.
Closer to the bridge others were not so lucky.
Based on information supplied by Chris Backhouse on Sunday afternoon, March 2.
Would you like to share pictures with our readers? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4260 or use our upload form.
- "I Got Kew Babe" - UB40 Reunited ready to feel the beat at the Royal Botanic Gardens
- The Dumb and Dumber bowl cut craze reported by Richmond barbers - and women want them too
- Orleans Got Talent helps raise £200 for Royal Star and Garter
- Richmond's new mayor looking forward to tenure in Rugby World Cup year
- Considerably richer than you: the south London and Surrey links of Britain's millionaires