I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wandsworth takes control of £3m merger grant
- Three years in jail for priest who abused boy at council-run children's home
- Looking for something to do in Richmond?
- Paedophile priest faces sentencing for Grafton Close abuse today
- Drink-driver gets three-year ban after being stopped in Twickenham