I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: email@example.com
- UPDATE: Zac Goldsmith quits as MP - but will stand again in protest over Heathrow expansion
- 'Catastrophic': Reaction as Heathrow Airport expansion gets go-ahead with government choosing third runway
- Girl, 11, 'victim of sex attack by three young boys' at traveller funeral in Teddington Cemetery
- Case for Heathrow expansion 'stronger since Brexit' says airports review chief
- South Londoners making most of new hopper bus fare - especially these two routes