I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: email@example.com
- Don't forget to change your clocks this weekend
- Neighbours pay tribute to south London pensioner who was fifth person to die after Westminster terror attack
- Weekend weather: Sunny skies ahead for the capital
- 'I pushed him into a table and got him in a headlock': Brave passerby describes moment he tried to apprehend Teddington bank robber
- Should the ban on grammar schools be lifted?