I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Huge shock as Sarah Olney defeats Zac Goldsmith in Richmond Park and North Kingston by-election
- Richmond primary school could turn into academy
- Richmond by-election reaction: Brake no longer Olney Lib Dem in the city
- Richmond reacts to Sarah Olney's shock by-election win over Zac Goldsmith
- Southern rail passengers compensated four weeks' travel over operator's 'poor performance'