I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tougher rules on using mobile phones while driving come into force this week
- WEATHER: Thunderstorms and heavy rain to hit London as spring approaches
- Isis poses 'greatest terror threat since IRA London bombing campaign 40 years ago'
- TRAVEL: Signalling problem causing major delays to trains between Kingston and London Waterloo
- Police appeal to find 'high risk' missing woman from Twickenham