I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: email@example.com
- Residents say Ham Close redevelopment will reduce social housing stock and stretch transport infrastructure
- Outside drinking at south Richmond pub curbed after residents' campaign
- Party animal fined after years of distressing neighbours
- REVEALED: Arlo and Ellie are hot - but what are the other most popular baby names in 2016 so far?
- Body of fisherman found in the Thames at Walton