I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: email@example.com
- Healthcare volunteers treated to Christmas party as a festive thank you
- Teddington lit up with Christmas lantern parade
- The 12 most read stories in Richmond and Twickenham in 2014
- RTT sub-editor ties the knot at Richmond Hill Hotel
- Rapist jailed for another five years over historic sex crimes against young girls