I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: email@example.com
- How did Richmond and Kingston schools fare in the latest league tables?
- BOROUGH VIEW: Your photos of Kingston, Richmond and Elmbridge
- Woolly Hat Day 2017: We want photos of you in your favourite cosy headgear
- REVEALED: Which companies do you think are keeping their customers most satisfied?
- Millions slashed from youth budgets in potentially 'devastating' cuts across south west London