I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- REVIEW: Channel Island invasion brought to life in Lotty's War
- Owner offers reward for Margo, spaniel who went missing in Bushy Park
- Arsonist targets paints and creosote in Mortlake
- Supermarket meat thief sent to prison
- Special education first for Richmond school pupils