I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: email@example.com
- Judo club joins forces with Shooting Star Chase
- Buddy scheme using art to bring people together at Orleans House Gallery
- Councillor calling for Rugby World Cup legacy to rival London Olympics
- Showcase of talent enjoys another successful year
- Sprinkling of snow falls in south west London and north Surrey