I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: email@example.com
- Get your skates on as Hampton Court Palace ice rink returns
- Fundraising target doubled - now pharmacy worker faces the razor
- Kew Park Rangers looking for footy-loving girls
- Ghoulish goings on at the Wetlands Centre this weekend
- Curtains raise on the Big Draw at Strawberry Hill House