I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cyclist crossed give way lines before fatal accident, inquest hears
- Appeal after sexual assault on bus bound for Heathrow
- St Margarets crash causes traffic problems across area
- Back to the Future, Top Gun and Grand Budapest going open air at Kew Gardens and Hampton Court Palace
- Petition gains support to stop Turing House School heading to Whitton