I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: email@example.com
- Thieves burn Christmas tree, steal baubles in Bushy Park
- Sentencing adjourned after sex offender swallows pills and demands ambulance
- Hole in Barnes road causes commuter misery
- Cat mutilations being investigated after pet found hanging from tree
- Cyclist injured at Richmond Bridge leaves hospital after two months