I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: email@example.com
- Hotel beds for Twickenham as Network Rail works begin
- Richmond station ticket fraudsters sentenced for £100k con
- Hundreds sign petition after Heathrow flight trial proves a "true blight"
- REVIEW: Felicity Kendal in Hay Fever is nothing to be sniffed at
- Holy bowlers from the Vatican cricket team arrive at St Mary's