I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- VIDEO: Epic carp battle as teacher from Twickenham struggles to land 46lb monster
- Latchmere House applications to go before Richmond Council next week
- Ground-breaking grant helps allotmenteers build new shed
- Council pays £6m to make Twickenham square plans a reality
- Could 125mph double-decker trains be on their way to Epsom, Surbiton, Kingston and Hampton Court?