I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: email@example.com
- Riders take to the saddle in fancy dress to raise tens of thousands of pounds for charity
- Darker evenings ideal for oohs and aahs at fireworks displays
- War walk recalls stories of 86 local heroes
- Dozens of groups keen on first ever Richmond arts festival
- Art-lovers delight at duo of Hampton Court Palace events