I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: email@example.com
- Window box woe for Lovers Light Gallery
- Prada, Gucci and McQueen on offer to help Homestart-Richmond
- Celebration of Hampton's 200-year-old pub begins
- Tea, cake and rarely seen glorious garden being laid on for Poppy Factory
- Sean Heiss murder trial: Hockey star recounts night of next-door neighbour's killing