I sympathise with the correspondent who has had endless weekend nights of rail track repairs.
Here on Twickenham riverside we have had six months of Sundays wrecked by pavement-cutting and the deafening whine and whirr of angle-grinders.
According to the council’s own regulations, this building work on Sundays is forbidden, but it seems they can make an exception for themselves when it suits.
No amount of pleading to the authorities has resulted in so much as an apology.
Me, I just wish it would stop. It is driving us all nuts.
Judy Astley, Twickenham
- Got something to say? Send your letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- First time buyers must save for 17.4 years to afford home in Richmond
- Radnor House School to takeover Kent independent school
- Indian restaurant sees food hygiene rating boosted
- Richmond business promoted by former Dragon Theo Paphitis
- Council seeking views on crime prevention priorities