Whyteleafe went to the top of the Southern Counties East table after a 7-0 mauling of Lordswood.

Leafe, unbeaten in 10 league outings, are a single point ahead of Ashford United, although their nearest rivals have a game in hand.

The destination of the title and sole promotion place looks to be a two-horse race, with the two top yet to play each other. 

Leafe started brightly and two good chances fell to Roscoe DSane in the opening minutes.

In the first minute a long ball from Tommy Smith over the defence saw DSane clear but keeper Duke Pentice, who was the game's outstanding player for the first 65 minutes, was quickly out to save at DSane’s feet.

DSane was through again in the fourth minute but denied by a great saving tackle from Freeman Rogers.

Leafe’s first goal came in the fifth minute when DSane became the provider, crossing for Taylor Smith to hit the back of the net from close range.

Leafe dominated the rest of the half but could not add to their lead.

Louis Hollingworth had shot well saved following a 13th minute Ryan Fowler corner, then the same player headed over two minutes later following a fine move from Jensen Grant and Taylor Smith. Smith then found Fowler at the far post in the 19th minute but he shot wide.

Sam Clayton, who caused problems all afternoon running at the home defence, beat three defenders in the 26th minute, his cross was cleared as far as Fowler on the edge of the box, but his shot was wide of the target.

Two minutes later another fine run from Clayton ended with his cross finding Taylor Smith in the box, but Pentice made a good save to deny him.

Sheikh Ceesay in the Leafe goal was called into action in the 30th minute when following a rare break, Adam Woolcott’s 35 yard attempt was tipped over the bar.

Leafe started the second half in total control and they thought they had scored in the 60th minute when Grant’s header from a Thompson corner appeared to have gone into the host's goal but a defender headed it out and it was adjudged not to have crossed the line.

It appeared at this stage as though despite total dominance, nothing was going Leafe’s way and there was always a danger that points could be lost to a break away goal.

However, Leafe boss John Fowler made an inspired substitution in the 64th minute, bringing on Greg Andrews who scored with his first touch.

Thompson’s free kick was met by Grant’s header, producing yet another fine save from Pentice. DSane fired the rebound towards goaland Andrews turned it into the net from close range.

Andrews put Dsane through in the 70th minute, he laid the ball off to Grant who shot home for Leafe’s third.

Andrews then had a goal ruled out for offside before Grant powered in the fourth from the edge of the box with a 76th minute volley.

Clayton went close in the 82nd minute following another mazy run before Thompson got the fifth in the 86th minute, a free kick from wide on the right evading everyone in a crowded area and going straight into the goal.

Leafe completed the rout with a second goal from Andrews in the 89th minute and the seventh came in the 90th minute when Clayton put Gareth Williams clear and he shot past the advancing Pentice.

Whyteleafe: Ceesay, Smith (Tommy), Penfold, Hollingworth, Merchant, Thompson, Fowler (Pratt 76), Grant, DSane (Williams 70), Clayton, Smith (Taylor)(Andrews 64).

Subs not used: Abraham.