Brentford boss Mark Warburton has insisted his men will not lack motivation over the last two games of the season.

The Bees drew 2-2 at MK Dons on Monday after letting a 2-0 lead – given to them by James Tarkowski and Clayton Donaldson – slip by conceding two goals in the final ten minutes.

The match – which had little relevance to either side – was played in a pre-season atmosphere at stadium MK coming as it did after Brentford had secured promotion with a 1-0 win over Preston North End on Good Friday.

Warburton’smen visit relegation threatened Colchester United this Saturday and host relegated Stevenage on the final day of the season.

And the 51-year-old, who will resist the temptation to experiment with his squad for the two games ahead of next season’s Championship campaign, has reminded his men of the need to remain professional between now and May 3.

“They are pros. They broke the club’s points record the other week. It was 85 and the goal at MK Dons was 99 and now it is 97,” he said.

“We’ve got to try and set records and be professional. If the fans pay their money we’ve got to put on a show and be professional in what we do. There is no motivation required.

“Colchester and Stevenage are teams both involved in relegation fights. We’ll approach the games in the right manner.

“We’ll play the best team we can. If we have to make a couple of changes, we will do that, but the squad is strong. There are some really good players on the bench at the moment.

“May 3 we can enjoy ourselves and have a party, but until then we have two games to prepare for and it is right we prepare properly.”

Goals either side of the break from Tarkowski and Donaldson looked to have given the Bees all three points in a game they largely dominated.

Adam Forshaw saw an early shot from outside the box saved by David Martin.

For the home side Izale McLeod broke down the left and his cross into the box was fired wide of the near post by Daniel Powell.

Will Grigg got onto a through ball from midfield, but his shot from the corner of the box lacked enough power to trouble Martin.

The Bees had the ball in the back of the net after Martin parried Stuart Dallas' shot and Donaldson reacted quickest, but was ruled to have been offside.

McLeod had another chance from 20 yards, but his low shot was comfortably saved by David Button.

Brentford took the lead just before the break when Alan Judge's corner was dropped by Martin and Tarkowski steered it home from six yards.

Judge had a chance early in the second half when he curled a free kick over the bar.

The Bees doubled their lead Forshaw strolled through the home defence before finding Donaldson inside the box, who produced a composed finish to steer the ball past Martin and inside the bottom right hand corner.

With ten minutes remaining Stephen Gleeson pulled one back for the hosts from the penalty spot after Button fouled McLeod as the striker tried to go round him.

McLeod drew the home side level in added on time when he rose to head a cross from the left past Button.

Brentford: Button, Yennaris, Tarkowski (sub O'Connor 65), Craig, Bidwell; Douglas (sub Diagouraga 77), Judge (sub Saville 65), Dallas, Forshaw; Donaldson, Grigg.

Subs (not used): Lee, Reeves, Trotta, Adams.

Attendance: 10,549